The final quarter of the year is now in full swing, and with that brings a lot of planning for the year ahead. And if you’re planning on making any resolutions for your Loyalty Programme next year, we have some suggestions to get you started.
1. Spend more time with your best friends – Get to know more about your high value customers by attending every research group available in order to really know how they are feeling at this moment in time. Remember one of your biggest assets in customer insight are your employees. Remind them constantly how vital they are to gathering stories about your customers and the things that make them happy (and sad), so that you can build that feedback into your loyalty and content marketing strategies.
2. Stop blowing hot air about great customer experience, just do it – Harness the power of a great customer experience and ensure this is translated across the entire business to make customers feel loved. As Maya Angelo said “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
3. Call or write to your loved ones more often – Put more marketing budget into communicating with your high value customers without selling to them. Instead of pitching your products and services to them, deliver information that makes them more intelligent and keeps them informed. The essence of this communication is the belief that if we, as businesses, deliver consistent, ongoing valuable information to customers, they ultimately reward us with their business and loyalty.
4. Start climbing – Give customers the opportunity to climb up the loyalty tiers and reward them accordingly, they will be energised by it!
5. Take up martial arts – Defend your budget through accurate loyalty metrics and control groups, by showcasing the benefits to the business of focusing the loyalty and retention strategies on your best customers.